Order Your Gaspee Days License Plate
Support your favorite local historic community events with your order of the official Gaspee Days license plate! You can order our limited edition plates as a substitute for current passenger Rhode Island registrations only. These license plates cannot be used with commercial, combination, suburban or other registration types. Your registration must already be existing, as these license plates also cannot be used on new or changed registrations.
- - - Total License Plate Orders Placed to Date: 12 of 900 Orders Needed for Production - - -
*Notice: It has been reported that some printers are having issues printing our order form and we are working diligently to resolve this issue.
Step Two: Gather Documents
- Completed License Plate Application
- Copy of Current Rhode Island Registration
- Check payable to Gaspee Days Committee
Step Three: Mail It All In
Gaspee Days Committee
Attn: License Plate Orders
PO Box 1772, Pilgrim Station
Warwick, RI 02888
Terms & Conditions of Your Gaspee Days License Plate Order
- Your registration can be a combination of up to six numbers and/or letters but if you have more than five letters and/or digits, your registration may cover up a portion of the design on the left of the license plate. Please be mindful as license plates are not returnable for any reason once obtained unless otherwise procured through the Rhode Island Department of Motor Vehicles.
- You cannot change your registration through this process – if your current plate is AB-123, then that will be what your Gaspee Days plate says. If you want to get a new registration for your Gaspee Days plate, you need to change your registration at the Rhode Island Department of Motor Vehicles first—and only once that new registration is issued may you order a Gaspee Days plate with that new registration.
- Checks may be cashed at any time after receipt. Orders are irrevocable and non-refundable unless we cannot deliver your plate because we have not received sufficient orders by the deadline (see below).
- Payments must be by check. Cash, money order, and credit cards cannot be accepted at this time.
- Gaspee Days license plates can only be ordered by us if and when we receive 900 valid orders. Until 900 license plates have been pre-ordered, license plates cannot be issued.
- We estimate, but cannot guarantee, that plates will be ready approximately 4 months following our submission of the 900+ orders for the applicable type of registration.
- If we fail to receive 900 orders for passenger license plates, we will provide full refunds to all orders in that registration type. This is the only circumstance in which any refund will be given.
- Unless we (a) issue a refund because we failed to get 900 orders or (b) process your order for a new license plate, all of your $41.50 payment will be considered donation to The Gaspee Days Committee. For example, if you place an order and then change your mind, move out of state, sell your car, realize you have made a mistake, do not actually qualify for a Gaspee Days license plate, etc., your $41.50 will be treated as a donation. We need to make this clear because we do not have the resources to consider exceptions to this rule and issue refunds for other reasons.
- If your plate is delivered, $21.50 of your fee will be paid by us to the Rhode Island Department of Motor Vehicles and we will keep $20 as a donation to The Gaspee Days Committee.
- The Gaspee Days Committee is a section 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and the portion of your payment that is a donation to The Gaspee Days Committee may be tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
- We will use social media and our website to provide updates when possible regarding how many orders we have collected. Please follow us on Facebook if you would like to receive those updates.
- Once we receive the license plates from the Rhode Island Department of Motor Vehicles, your plate will be available for pickup at a distribution event to be scheduled by the Gaspee Days Committee. If you cannot make that event, your plate will be available for pickup after the event at a location to be announced. When you come to pick up your new Gaspee Days license plate, you will need to bring your vehicle registration with you in order to verify that the registration is still valid (your same name, license plate number). We will remind you of this when the plates become available.
- Your new plate will not affect your vehicle registration payment or cycle – your Gaspee Days plate just swaps out your physical plate so vehicle registrations will need to be renewed and paid as they otherwise would.
- We recognize that it may take some time for us to collect orders and for you to receive your plate and we appreciate your patience with this process. Thanks for supporting The Gaspee Days Committee!