The Gaspee Days Committee is licensed by both the Cities of Warwick and Cranston to conduct the annual Gaspee Days Parade under its supervision. Upon discovery of any rule violations, the appropriate police department will be contacted to rectify the situation. The following Gaspee Days Parade Participant Rules apply to all persons or groups (including politicians). These rules are general and are subject to revision by the Gaspee Days Committee and by the Parade Chairperson prior to the event.
- Participation of any person or group in the parade is at the sole discretion of the Gaspee Days Committee, which reserves the right to exclude any such person or group.
- Only those individuals and groups that have been invited and/or accepted by the Gaspee Days Committee will be allowed to march in the p All participants must initial and sign the attached Contract Agreement.
- Only individuals who hold elective office in federal, state, and/or local government and have received a written invitation from the Gaspee Days Committee may march in the parade. Officials holding such position are also not permitted to advertise a candidacy.
- Acceptance into the parade will be based on theme, logistics, spacing, and other needs of the Gaspee Days Committee.
- The position in the parade line of march of each and every participant will be at the sole discretion of the Gaspee Days Committee.
- All float applicants must submit the theme of their float as part of their application.
- No one may use a public-address system, loudspeaker, or bullhorn without specific authorization from the Gaspee Days Committee as this interferes with the parade enjoyment of our audience.
- No overtly commercial, sexual, political, or religious themes are allowed in the p Any participant that violates this rule will be removed immediately from the parade.
- No signage may be displayed that is not in accordance with the patriotic theme and celebration of the parade. Sponsors and tow vehicles may display only minimal signs so as not to detract from the aesthetic value of the float or group.
- Support vehicles other than those towing a float are not allowed to be in the parade unless specifically authorized by the Parade Committee.
- All floats should measure no higher than 12 feet 6 inches from the ground.
- No parade participant may in any way solicit funds or donations from the parade audience.